PS: I love your avatar ;)

Thanks XD

I don´t have a lot of money, that´s one reason against starting with modular.
-- GrumoSound

remember you don't have to buy all the modules in one go - you can always add another module as and when you can afford it etc

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

For now I´m not sure about it, I´d need a small case (2 x 60hp) and the Mantis is too much big for me.
-- GrumoSound

but you will next week or next month... a smaller case will be more expensive per hp than a mantis - and an extra 88hp will give you space to expand - I know this from my own experience and from other people who have not taken my advice coming back to me and saying they wish they had taken my advice - usually within a small space of time... this is because they've filled the small case with the modules that they wanted only to discover that there were more modules that they needed in order to get the module that they wanted to work better together!

saying that - advice is given and doesn't have to be taken - so you do what you want...

just try to remember planning slightly ahead can save you money in the long run - modular synthesis is not an inexpensive endeavour and any savings are good... as you'll be able to spend the savings on more modules!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

ES9 is a DC-coupled audio interface - it allows you to send both audio and cv to and from your computer - it can be controlled by midi to some degree - so that it can also be used as a mixer - I don't know if it can be used as an interface and a mixer simultaneously - you would have to read the latest manual, which is available on the Expert Sleepers website

if you want to bring external instruments up to modular levels then you will need some sort of pre-amp module - or some vcas will also do this - the intellijel quad you have racked, for instance - but you may find you are using multiple channels to get enough gain - a mutable veils clone would be better as it has a lot more gain on each channel (if you want to use a vca for this) - personally I would get a dedicated input module - but be sure that you buy what you want by doing research and thinking about how many channels you want and what other features - envelope follower, gate extractor, pitch follower are all possible - and are all available in other modules - examples would be doepfer (cheap and cheerful and a bit gritty), befaco (more expensive but clean) and the sonicsmith ev1 converter (which adds pitch following amongst other thing) nb all of those are mono for inputting guitar/bass and
possibly vocals

other points: the Pams you have racked is the original - which was discontinued years ago - I would at least get a Pamela's New Workout (used - as again discontinued) or a Pamela's Pro Workout - the latest version which adds quite a few features...

do you need scales, the midi to cv module, pams and an es9 for sequencing? probably not all of them...

using es9, pams and the midi to cv module as sources of pitch - they will all be already quantized - this makes scales redundant (& I intensely dislike this word in regard to modules)

keep pams (one of the newer versions anyway) - as it can be used as a random pitch generator as well as the many other things it can be used for

keep the es9 - as it will be your audio interface - and install either cv tools, silent way or vcv rack (vst version) to allow you to sequence from your daw... whichever works for you

get rid of the midi->cv module it's superfluous

and get a matrix mixer...

tiptop mantis is an excellent choice of starter case - I have one & if I were to buy another case (most of mine are DIY) I wouldn't hesitate to buy another mantis

also read my signature: and think long and hard about what it says... apply this to your thinking before you start spending money on modules!!! you don't have to follow the advice therein, but at least think about it...

doepfer PSU3 is mains AC

Frequency Central is mostly 12v AC - I think their new one is DC

Most others using wall or rug warts will be DC - Arturia, 4ms, befaco, tiptop etc

if it's not stated in the manual, ask the manufacturer - most have support email addresses listed on their web sites... if they don't respond, then don't buy from them

yeah on signing a contract to do so on a day rate - expect it to cost thousands and take months... plus on-going maintenance fees...

or you could teach yourself JavaScript and do it yourself - it will only take you some months...

Why? It's usually considered to be a waste of money re-housing semi-modulars in eurorack cases - you are paying twice for both case and power!!! which is something you already paid for when you bought them

That´s true, I never wanted to be into modular, but when the QS arrived I saw that it lacks a power switch and that made me start to think about having both in a case, maybe it´s not the best idea as you say.

maybe a switched power strip is a simpler and cheaper solution for that issue...

you will need a power supply - this one is designed to connect to a busboard so you would need one of those as well - see the description of the module - there are others designed to use flying busboards (ribbon cables with headers on them) but these can potentially introduce noise - but rack warts (power modules) take space in your case which is better used for actual modules - so cases with power inlets mounted elsewhere are preferable

do you need an output module? maybe - what are you considering sending the output to?

I barely understand the module descriptions, that´s another reason why maybe I shouldn´t do it. I thought an output could be nice to have a quick control over their output levels.

In that case you need to do a lot more research before spending money... go to modwiggler.com and read the stickies in the 3u and 1u subforum - watch some videos, read some newbie threads, read up on module descriptions & ask more questions

Hi,

I´m thinking about racking my DFAM and Quadrantid Swarm but I know nothing about Eurorack.

Why? It's usually considered to be a waste of money re-housing semi-modulars in eurorack cases - you are paying twice for both case and power!!! which is something you already paid for when you bought them

• I think I´d need a power module and an output module, will these work?

you will need a power supply - this one is designed to connect to a busboard so you would need one of those as well - see the description of the module - there are others designed to use flying busboards (ribbon cables with headers on them) but these can potentially introduce noise - but rack warts (power modules) take space in your case which is better used for actual modules - so cases with power inlets mounted elsewhere are preferable

do you need an output module? maybe - what are you considering sending the output to?

• Do I have to take anything in mind?

you will want more modules sooner or later - at the very least an appropriate end of chain mixer, some extra modulation, effects and utilities will probably be handy too

• Which other modules would be a good complement for this setup?

see above

• How can I find an angled case for this? I can´t find any...

the tiptop mantis is a very popular case that is angled and is one of the better cases in terms of size/cost/power & manufacturer reputation - and is often recommended to beginners as it's not that big but will allow room for expansion and is quite portable

and now with the actual link!!!

ModularGrid Rack

So, if I understood correctly, through a power supply it is not possible that the AC current arrives inside the case?

most cases are DC powered - similar to a laptop - in fact some power supplies actually use laptop bricks for converting AC mains power to DC +/- 12v and +5v

some such as doepfer are mains AC powered (using a 'kettle lead' for example - like a lot of synthesizers)

a few use AC converters to supply 12-15v AC (most likely with eurorack 12v to an internal power supply which will convert to +/-12v and possibly 5v) - as far as I know the only ones that do this are some Frequenct Central supplies)

For sure, tubes are more dangerous, but I don't plan to buy modules with tubes insides

usually the tubes won't be on the inside, they'll be on the outside - to show off... not many modules use regular tubes though! I suspect the newer korg nano-tubes are less dangerous - but probably better safe than sorry!

so is your idea to use this for processing an acoustic drum kit?

I think it might be a good idea to start with a single channel, add some effects and then add channels...

so there seems to be stuff missing - filters, effects, modulation sources, utilities that are needed to get the best out of them...

take a look at my signature - substitute mic input for sound source and spend a decent amount of time thinking long and hard about it...

also spend at least the same time thinking about using a regular outboard mixer and some effects pedals and or rack effects... or a multi-channel audio interface and a laptop - both will get you most of the way to where you appear to want to go for a lot less money...

to a large extent any other sequencer will complement the BS... I have Marbles, step fader, BSP etc etc as well as a BS

things that are really helpful in this are precision adders (maybe a multi-channel one) so that you can transpose sequences (can't remember if you can do this straight into the BS)

a second or subsequent sequencer can be used as a sequenced modulation source as well as more sequenced pitch (if/when you have enough voices)

a cv addressable quantizer can also be used to alter sequences - again multi-channel is useful here

I use a sinfonion as a chord pattern sequencer and multi-channel quantizer (and arpeggiator) and I use a second sequencer (the BSP) to change chord patterns - which I clock from the sinfonion (a gate out on the last bar of each pattern) which means it advances very slowly and can be used to change other things - via a switch for example

If it was me:

Okay …. So next command Will be Math••• to the VCA/LFO for Numbers or examples and tutorials.

Maths yes

Mixer - Cosmix

I'd hold off on this for now - but do get a quad cascading vca - a veils clone if possible (Big T music) - it will act like a mono mixer for now and a midi interface or a sequencer is a better buy for now

ADSR - not decided (vca with multipl ?) lost ans no decided

Maths will provide envelopes!!! - not adsr - but adsrs are less common in modular than you'd think - often AD is fine and Maths will give you 2

Cv/midi : lost and not decided

either one of these - ie erica mutant brain (nb used to be hexinverter electronique) OR

Séquencer ‘ perhaps à Berhinger ? Or to wait and be patient for next month ;)

-- clem75Paris

a sequencer - would wait and buy one you actually want rather than a 'cheap' one just to have one - this applies to all modules

midi to cv you might want to look at the cv.ocd or if you want it in the rack erica synths are now making the mutant brain

Maths - best Maths substitute is Maths - simply because of the numerous videos on youtube and the fucking fantastic "maths illustrated supplement" - why is it so fantastic - because aside from giving you 32 patch examples for Maths - if you think hard about what, why and how maths and the patching is working it will serve as a jumping off point for all your future patching - what if I do this, how do I do this, why an I doing this?????

there are many other similar modules - designs based on the serge dual universal signal generator - but Maths is by far the most popular and in many ways the best - not least the ergonomics are good and the configuration - 2 function generators, 2 attenuverters with offsets, a bit of mixing (including a negative output) and a bit of logic are enough to kick start an entry level modular...

& don't let the name 'maths' put you off - you are after all designing/building yourself a customised, analog computer that specializes in generating sound - ie a modular synthesizer

Maybe this can help... Or... Maybe not...
https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230155
-- Dub007

that's quite a good idea!

Maybe some reasoning for your selections would be in order...

why the battleship sequencer without enough voices for it to drive?

why the knobula? do you know how you could use it?

why no submixers?

and most importantly why no VCAS????????

and now the actual link!

ModularGrid Rack

ah good the thumbnail doesn't match - but not a problem...

the midi-cv module appears to be discontinued... may be impossible to source...

the sequencer is I believe very difficult to get hold of and probably not the easiest to get to grips with...

mixer ok...

no vcas... not enough channels of lfo/function generator!!! you will need these!!!!

ok so maybe you could add some of the things that you think you want and then we can critique that and add the things you actually need

here's a few hints - you may want and you will need some of the types of modules mentioned:

to connect to your other studio bits and pieces - a midi to cv module (and possibly a cv to midi module) or something like a expert sleepers es8 or 9 - neither of which will require quantization as the output will already be quantized - possibly to talk to a computer/DAW

possibly a sequencer - which may or may not include a quantizer - you may want more than one of these - possibly a trigger sequencer and a melodic sequencer for sequencing pitch (v/oct) and possibly gates

a quad cascading vca - I lik veils - clones are available - as it has enough gain to be also used as an input module if needed (most vcas do not have this)

an lfo - probably multichannel

a function generator - I like maths, as it has the best documentation, particularly the 'maths illustrated supplement'

a mixer (for combining the outputs of the oscillator)

a mixer for combining modulation sources (I like matrix mixers)

an end of chain mixer - to combine different sounds and output to ? headphones/mixer/monitors?

possibly an input module - so that you can amplify external gear to modular levels

some utility modules to help you copy signals (muult) and modify them

make the rack public in edit rack and then copy the url and paste it into the post....

hmmm... it's quite a common newbie issue but you might be trying to do too much in too small a case... see my signature and spend some time thinking about the contents of it - a few days at least...

saying that, pam's can do both envelopes and lfos and will be more than enough for now and I wouldn't worry too much about having enough vcas - just buy a good quad cascading one for now and see how you get on... by good I mean a mutable veils (or more likely a clone) or an intellijel quad vca

there are quite a few quantizers that have 4 channels - Bard Quartet, ADDAC, O&C but not many that will handle 8 - sinfonion, perhaps, but that'll only actually quantize 3-4 channels and generate v/oct for the others...

to be clear this is for pitch (v/oct) quantization only...

time quantization is not really done in modular - usually we use clock dividers and multipliers fed by a steady clock to trigger events at precise points - dividing a fast clock will always be more stable than multiplying, as a divider just counts the clock, whilst a multiplier has to measure the time between 2 clock ticks and then divide that time by the multiplication factor (and if the clock is not so stable it will be off at some point

it's more common that people want to add swing or go slightly off clock to humanise the rhythm - using a vc trigger/gate delay, perhaps

I think it might be a good idea if you created a rack on here and shared it (and also the other studio parts you want to interface with)

a quantizer is a quantizer - intended genre is irrelevant - just like most modules - genre is what you make of it...

how many channels do you want?

an output module may or may not be needed - what are you intending to use for monitoring? an outboard mixer, headphones, powered monitors?

Thread: Uterus.

thanks... definitely a few modules I'd never seen before!

given the use case - I'm not convinced of the need for the extra vcos - I think I'd have gone more for audio effects - delay, reverb, lofi etc etc not just a single delay and more modulation and utilities...

possibly still component availability issues

Thread: Uterus.

1 can you please copy and paste the url of your public rack... it really helps us help you - jpgs are blurry and there's over 10k of modules - when we can see your actual rack we get mouse over and click through etc... I would have done this for you, but your rack is private...

2 get a bigger case - no plan survives meeting the enemy - you will want more/different modules in the future and usually buying a larger rack to start with saves money in the long term - a tiptop mantis is an excellent starter case

Thread: ngocepoo

very close to filling my a100 doepfer case!

looking for used monster base case
-- ngocepoo

might be an idea giving us a clue to where you are...

and you might want to look on the modwiggler buy/sell thread - they turn up there occasionally

A bigger case.
Once again, we have to underline this other advice from @JimHowell1970 who, with great laudable persistence, tries to remind the necessity of these modules throughout the pages of this forum; and you know what : he is right!

I agree with Progspiration on almost everything he said - basically you are trying to do too much in too small a space

either start with a bigger case or massively scale back what you are trying to do

you'll need more modulation - and someway of mixing the 'ordered' modulation with the chaos - a matrix mixer in my opinion is best for this - and one that is usable - ie ergonomic and therefore quite large - I like the doepfer - plus more attenutaors - not just vcas (and you haven't really got the envelopes to open and close the vcas anyway

I'm not really convinced that the combination of the poly chromatic and bloom will work very well together - I think you really need at least one (preferably 2) channel(s) of proper sequencing (or a midi sequencer) to make the most of poly chromatic - one channel to determine the root and another to determine the chord type

personally I would go for the bigger case and spend a decent amount of time (a week at the very minimum) thinking deeply about the hints in my signature... you will end up with a much more versatile modular for less cash (in the long run)

Yes, if you run the E352 output to a VCA. Trigger an envelope with your Pressure Points and have the envelope open your VCA.
-- farkas

Farkas,just tried it but think i might have done something wrong,couldnt get it working,could you try and walk me through how precisely to patch this up?

-- Broken-Form

can you tell us exactly how you are patching this - it'll probably be easier to 'debug' what you are doing...

but:
audio out of e352-> audio in of vca
gate out of pressure points->gate in of envelope generator
envelope generator out->cv in of vca
out of vca->whatever you are using to monitor (mixer) -> headphones/speakers etc

All I see is a bunch of Socialists hanging out on this page.
-- longhairgreg

Ha, I don't think you realize capitalism works both ways...the consumer has the right to buy the products they want. When the consumers decide some company is ripping beloved companies off, and take their dollars elsewhere, that is the definition of a boycott.
-- Jukeshoe

I'd say that's more "free market economy"

Which to a very large extent could (and does) exists in both 'capitalist' and 'socialist' 'democracies' - which should not to be confused with communism - especially the piss poor attempts at it, that we have seen so far - which have effectively done exactly the same as capitalism - ie a small 'elite' group siezes control, power and a vast majority of the wealth and subjugates the masses

Remember that this is an international forum - not just one populated by those that have been misguidedly taught that socialism is a bad thing - so using 'socialist' as a derogatory term makes you look like a right-wing American idiot

BUT really this is a forum about modular synthesizers - so can we please keep politics out of it and concentrate on the core subject and leave political discourse to other, more suitable, forums

I've only had dealings with Mutable Instruments and Befaco - both were great...

Mutable regarding a switch that failed and needed a return for repair

Befaco with questions about DIY modules

good luck - there aren't that many around as far as I know... I'd expect you'll have to pay well in excess of the original price

you'll have to keep stalking all the usual modular and synthesizer for sale forums - have you tried "the want to buy" subforum on modwiggler?

Thread: Starter rack

I like the idea of MTM organ but can’t find any available.

Music Thing Modular Chord Organ - DIY module started as an alternate firmware for the Radio Music - you can usually get the kits and pcb/panel sets from Thonk (UK) or Exploding Shed (DE) - but they both appear to be sold out at the moment

Definitely going to need a bigger case lol.

we did tell ya!!!

I think the next thing I’ll add is a plaits or rings clone because they seem useful and I love the sound of rings.

then get rings - I'd go for a full size clone (ALA Resonate) - unless you want it to be near impossible to tune

Should I maybe swap the maths out for marbles or something similar??

no - completely different modules - you need both! (maybe)

Thread: Starter rack

a chaos generator like Wogglebug

no - wogglebug is random not chaotic - so not a chaos generator

there's a difference... both produce "unpredictable" results but in different ways

random is as random as possible - usually pseudo-random, as the generator needs to be seeded, if using a processor to generate your random - you may be able to modulate the upper and lower bounds or the seed, but it's still random

a die roll is random - it will generate a number between 1 & 6 with an equal probability - let's call it r

whereas chaos will have some sort of rule - or an attractor - essentially a function - to influence the outcome - f(r)

possible very simplistic rule (attracts to 3.5ish) if more than 4 subtract 2 if less than 3 add 2 (3,4,3,4,3,4)
or if a product of 2 divide by 2 - so you get (1,1, 2, 3, 3 , 5 )

roll the die and apply rule

often the previous chaotically generated number will be used in the function to generate the current chaotic value - in order to give a more similar result - or maybe an lfo will be used to influence the outcome - possibly with speed and offset as modulateable parameters or possibly both strategies will be employed simultaneously

obviously these are incredibly basic examples - iirc there's links to much more in depth discussions of chaos on the nonlinearcircuits website (iirc Andrew the owner has a phD in designing chaotic circuits)

Jim is correct, though, of course.

99% of the time, I think the Mantis would've been the way to go. It simply doesn't fit my space or workflow. :)

the other 1% of the time the space/workflow needs tweaking to fit...

-- JimHowell1970

Lol...

Sorry, not the "case" for me.
-- Jukeshoe

well - I can see how you would think that... resistance to change and resistance to expending effort to change, not seeing the wood for the trees etc...

anyway - no need t0 be sorry

the truth is almost definitely somewhere between my opinion and yours - I'm leaning towards mine - hehehe

Jim is correct, though, of course.

99% of the time, I think the Mantis would've been the way to go. It simply doesn't fit my space or workflow. :)

the other 1% of the time the space/workflow needs tweaking to fit...

I know that advice is to use space more carefully, which some of these modules clearly ignore. Behringer 305 is 24hp, turns out I'm using it as mixer-panner only (had hoped I'd use EQ to create stereo-effect on pads, but it doesn't do anything to my ears), which can be achieved with probably 8hp. E520 Hyperion is huge, but it can do lovely FX and has screen which I personally love as a newbie.

there's nothing wrong with large modules as long as you have the rack space for them and use them - eq is a weird one in modular most people use filters much more than eq! nor is there anything wrong with small modules - as long as you can actually use them!

I have not found (yet) any use for Ornament Crime, because sequencing options are there with Black Sequencer and Endorphines Shuttle Control, which is connected to Ableton for live sequencing.

O&C has a lot more functions than sequencing - I'd explore some of these if I were you...

most important effects:

filters, delay and reverb

next most important:

phasers, bit reduction, distortion (all varieties from overdrive upwards)

to justify having effects in rack they need to have a decent amount of modulation inputs and a decent amount of modulation sources to feed them though

one of the most important things for a guitarist/bassist who's using modular imo is to be able to use pedals to control the modular - with foot switches and expression pedals - so you can play the guitar/bass and wiggle the modular at the same time

I'm a guitarist too and whilst I don't have long or slender fingers - multiple small modules are unusable when next to each other - to be able to use a knob of any kind you need around 1cm clearance on at least 2 sides

If you want to use effects pedals - you really want one (or more) pedal interface modules(s) - as euro level is way too high for a lot of them and the return will be way too low

dixie will massively benefit from a sub mixer

2hp modules can be extremely difficult to work due to ergonomics

everything (as usual) points to a bigger case!!!

gonna try to mess around with the A1008 matrix mixer today,saw a video about the instruo Lion matrix mixer,think thats abit easier for my brain to figure out,so considering replacing the A1008 with that.

but gonna try to patch around with the A1008
-- Broken-Form

being a bit of a 'champion' of matrix mixers I see the instruo lion as a outlier in that it functions in a considerably different way than any other matrix mixer and has dongles that are needed to operate it... so in a way non-transferable skills to other matrix mixers & at least in my case I'd spend lots of time searching for the dongles every time I wanted to use it... I'm sure it's a great module though!!!

smaller matrix mixers often have a layout where the jacks are all at the bottom of the module - which can in my opinion be a little confusing

the easiest matrix mixers to use are ones that have the inputs to the left and the outputs on the bottom - which is why I mostly recommend the doepfer - ergonomics and signal flow win over size every time

Hi, 0-ctrl is a pitch and gate sequencer, and it has a main clock output, but I think that you will need a clock divider to handle this output. I'm using Arturia beatstep pro as a external sequencer and main clock output its soooooooo fast. I don't know 0-ctrl specifications in this point.
BR
-- ferranadsr

probably set to 24ppqn - you should be able to change it with the control center software...

but that's quite good in lots of ways - start with a very fast clock and divide down to whatever you need from there... much more accurate than mulitplying up - as dividers work on counting every nth trigger and multipliers have to use guesswork - divisions of time between clocks - so feed them a wonky clock and the divider will follow it perfectly whereas a multiplier will only ever be as good as the last 2 triggers received

I realize the case is small. My thought was for expansion to happen via a second daisy-chained case. I'll also admit to being eager to get started. My thought process was, for better or worse, that I could get my hands on a few good pieces, learn what I've got, what I lack, and then build out the second case based on that. ;)

I do most of my musical stuff on what people would call "the budget" end of things, so not sure I'll ever end up with the rigs you guys have, and that's okay. I'm more interested in setting up an exploratory tool for playing with raw sound. My creative output thrives on limits and finding ways around those to find unorthodox methodologies and sounds. This is a supplemental tool to stimulate the creative process, and not necessarily for the creation of an entirety of a performance, if that makes sense. At risk of sounding pretentious. ;) :p

OK so a mantis costs a bit more than the tiny 'budget case' that you got but it has over 3 times as much space - so in reality it is the "budget option" - just a slightly more long term budget option - a bit like buying a jumbo pack of dishwasher tablets or whatever...

and a mantis on it's own is still quite a small modular & there's no need to fill it in one go... etc etc... and still very portable if that's an issue for you... work out the cost/hp and you'll see what I mean

I'd spend some time figuring out what modules you actually want and those that you need to support them, before buying another case - build the case around the modular instead of constraining the modular to the case... otherwise you end up serially buying small cases - which ends up more expensive than the slightly bigger case

I get that I need a filter. I also had a quad mixer, more vcos, and xoh on the list. I waited on the xoh to see if I can just pad it through analog mixer.

most decent analog mixers made in the last 20 years should be able to cope with modular levels, especially when padded, I have a 15+ year old yamaha mg10 that works perfectly as an end of chain mixer for modular - but this doesn't mean that you won't want sub-mixers or matrix mixers in the rack - you probably will

If I were to, say, double the setup with a daisy-chained case, what would you say the necessary modules would be, specifically on the utility side of things?

don't get another tiny case!!! get the mantis!!!!! see above!

but: a low pass filter, a low pass gate, a waveshaper, sub-mixers, attenuators, attenuverters, matrix mixer, logic, a sequential switch, a clock divider would all be good starting points - and definitely look at doepfer and ladik for these (but make sure the tiny case is deep enough!!) - most of my utilities are doepfer

with a trs cable does it actually matter what "type" it is as long as both sockets are of the same type?

tip will connect to tip, ring to ring and sleeve to sleeve

the only reason you need a specific trs-> midi cable is that A and B connect to different pins at the DIN end

and the link - cos jpgs are crap!!!

ModularGrid Rack

ah the folly...

dixie and maths I get - they're some of the most popular modules in their "function"

the source of uncertainty I also get as it's new - but far far too big for this case!!!!

don't really get the z5000 or the vca - other than they fit

if you haven't bought this my advice would be to go and read a load of other newbie posts, think hard and then come back with a rack that makes more sense - but I'm not sure this is the case so:

the case is far too small for the modules - there's not really enough space for the support modules you'll need to make the most of the modules you've got in this case - I'd stash this case for the future when you might want a small satellite case and go and buy a mantis - so that you have space to put some utilities and a filter in - I take it you already have an external mixer (although these are really useful - especially when you add another oscillator and want to send both to the same filter)

see my signature for some hints on how to get a versatile modular synthesizer for the least cash

ill definitely try out vcv rack and i'll check out some more utility modules.

good idea - see my signature fort some hints!!!

also, is a clock really needed? i thought clocks were only necessary if you had a sequencer.

a clock isn't obligatory, but they are incredibly useful... especially when combined with things like switches, logic and dividers (ie utility modules) and some modulation sources - zadar for example is an envelope generator which is triggered instead of gated...

I am a programmer...
-- ferranadsr

me too...

I took a look at the code as well... it looks like a bit of effort to get into, but only because there's quite a lot of code... it doesn't look that difficult (clean code with meaningful names and nicely laid out) once you do and know the basics of programming/C++... in other words probably not much more effort than it would take either of us - or any other programmer, for that matter

all programmers weren't programmers before they became programmers - you have to start somewhere!

I suspect everyone using this forum has the basic skills needed - reading, googling, high school level maths and typing

I'm not a programmer.
-- mntbighker
you could learn, it's not rocket science - and the code's already written

The question remains if anyone ever will.

-- mntbighker

I volunteer you... you seem concerned about it... so maybe you should do it

could use some help organising my rack,could someone take a try in placing my modules in a good flow?
-- Broken-Form

which one? you've got 4 public racks...

maybe start a new thread with a link (copy & paste url)!

It appears the developer has lost interest and the firmware may never see another update or feature enhancement? Since it's open source he has no profit motive to maintain it.
-- mntbighker

if it's open source then anyone should be able to fork the firmware and maintain it/add features...

found it,i missed first that you could scroll down:)