Any suggestions for a main (brain) sequencer?

I use a couple of different small modular sequencers, but want to try to go with a main sequencer

What met my eye recently was:

winter modular eloquencer,
erica synths black sequencer
Oxi one

I would like to have a very performative sequencer,
saving compositions and playing after power circles should be supported

Right now I use mainly
Bloom + clank chaos + marbles + Mimetic Dgitalis + Pams + traffic + others

Greetings

Chris

for drums, I love the Winter Eloquencer with 8 tracks of cv/trigger and easy to see all 8 tracks one one screen plus chaining, song mode and ability to save and recall patterns. Easy to use and fantastic. For melodic stuff, the Black Sequencer is fantastic. I have both sequencers and many others.

I enjoyed the Eloquencer for gate sequencing but I figured out that I like a more old school approach to pitch/CV sequencing (960 or Doepfer Dark Time style). I didn't like using a single knob to program notes and probability. I think I'd be looking at a Metropolix if I was going to get something more modern with an old school hands on feel.
Let us know what you decide! Have fun and good luck.

this user has left ModularGrid

Frap Tools Usta

I like my Black Sequencer... patched into my sinfonion with a beatstep pro for changing patterns on that... I also have a few other sequencers, to change thing up... I'd keep whatever simple sequencers you have - they're very useful for modulation, for example!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I struggle a bit.
Thank you for your advices
Right now I see no approach to decide yet.
Maybe you could help me to thin things out?
(Writing this also helps me to recap on it)

I want something to keep things easier and play live.

I want to be able to play tracks / projects I did prepare before and mangle them live.
My goal is to play recognizable tracks, that I can fire of and do live variations.
Reduction and simplicity is also something I have in mind.
(Before I did more complex stuff, that is harder to recreate and to focus on on live situations.)

black sequencer -
has 4 channels + mod lane each
(Could be enough, if I focus on main parts and reduction)

Eloquencer -
looks very nice to me. Very simple to access and straight forward.
it reminds me on the oxi one but without odd magic features.

Oxi -
seems to be a good everything device. (Maybe also as a daw sequencer)
But I dont like to have much stuff in front of me outside the rack)
Im temped to try it for some magic in daw production.
A plus could be its versetility - to use it for computer, eurorack and hardware synths. - I think of it more as a playable sketchbook and producion helper

Im also temped to use a Acid Rain Constellation for drums.

In fact, I have much generative and random stuff and I think I need really something to give more of a leading structure.

Greetings

Chris

The Hermod+ comes to mind. Or NerdSeq.
Oxi One is very powerful, but indeed a standalone device.

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

also consider Squarp hapax as it can both MIDI and CV and external portable. Love this one the best such a nicer user interface and great for live performance with touch pads and great options. This is my main sequencer for modular and hardware synths if I am not using a in rack modular sequencer. Cirklon another consideration but the 2 year wait list is tough.

Frap Tools Usta is great, shame it can only sequence in the forward direction,
but you won't find more beautiful, clean, and well-built hardware anywhere.
Xor's NerdSeq can do nearly anything, but the opaque documentation restricts it's utility somewhat.
Not really a traditional sequencer, the SIG Stochastic Inspiration Generator provides tons of fun.

consider a pointandclicksystems pacbot 0.5 mk2 or pacbot 2 mk2 to go with that hapax. this is actually my own setup. i also use expert sleepers fh2 and expanders directly with hapax and expert sleepers es8 and expanders with pacbot 2 mk2 with vcv rack.