I don't have a ll8, but is your reset on the 1? try bringing the reset forwards in time a little bit... this is not that uncommon and certainly not limited to the ll8 - 2 events at the same time - particularly a reset and a trigger the reset has priority over the trigger and the trigger gets lost - if you reset before the trigger, then all should work as expected

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I'm about to start screwing cases to the wall! so 1/2 way there I suppose...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

84hp - doepfer lc9 cannot be beaten economically (cost/ total hp) - but may be a bit under powered if a lot of high power modules - analog modules are fine - some digital ones are horrific...

104hp - mantis... exceptional case - a bit low on -ve rail for my purposes (video) but great none the less!! I have one of these and use it for video or as a portable audio case - fantastic and rock solid - quiet as you could want up to video rates (no dirt in video) so also perfect for audio

or build your own - if you have basic wood working skills - ie you can use a saw and a drill (I could even 35 years + after doing any)
and a screwdriver - then you will save yourself a lot of cash...

as with mixer channels, audio interface channels and vcas - always, always go bigger than you think you'll need... because you will, sooner or later...

exception (there are always exceptions) is if you have a massive case already and want a case specifically to concentrate on a new module or as a satellite - ie control, sequencing, effects... as for portable pull out cases - that's what my mantis is for... portable by anyone except small children, the infirm or exceptionally elderly - mine's been on many - otherwise beauty cases are for people who need to fit their modular synth in their handbags...

Final decisions and purchases made to complete my Rackbrute 6U build (although is anything ever complete in modular?)

never...

For the last 10HP that I had available, I decided to go with Instruo Ts-L and Mutable Instruments Kinks

kinks is good but discontinued - wmd/ssf toolbox is good substitute - but 6hp - I'd prioritise this over new sound source - more utilities better than more sound sources imo!

I do see one modification coming and that is to replace the Ladik Gateable Slew Limiter with a Disting MK4 (which has the slew limiting functionality and of course much more)

I do have a question, I am considering moving the Rackbrute power supply to the lower right...but this is also where I currently have my Bastl Ciao quad line output....bad idea to have the power right next to the output like that? maybe I move power back to upper left corner and Ciao next to the Cosmix and Preamp and Warps comes down to lower right...

ModularGrid Rack
-- jb61264

no idea about rack wart... don't use them - waste of space if you ask me!!!

wouldn't bother with mk4 you have ex...

maybe in next case with next sound source!!!

hahahaha
just you wait

Emilie rocks!!!

maybe try searching modwiggler ...

exactly!!!

there's a 2hp lfo!

any suggestions:

get another row??
take a look at thonk.co.uk - they have trimmer knob covers that make them a little bit bigger and easier to use
a matrix mixer would be useful as would 3*MIA and kinks or a wmd/ssf toolbox
fx aid xl... so you get the modulation inputs and knobs that are accessible

the mutable forum is also worth searching for mutable specific issues...
I'd try that before contacting Emilie first - search works well!!!

Hope you get it sorted out quickly !!!!

fingers crossed...

Have you checked in the manual???

If so and it's still giving problems:

If it's an original factory built module then I'd contact Emilie via the mutable support email address on the site... She's incredibly quick to reply and helpful

If it's a clone you've bought - contact the builder...

If it's a clone you built modwiggler has a Music Tech diy subforum that has lots of useful information on troubleshooting mutable builds (but it's a long read over 100 pages iirc)

RTFM!!!

muffwiggler is a double-entendre - a classic form of pun...

taking offence to it is pathetic... imo, shows a total lack of a sense of humour...

I generally find those lacking a sense of humour both pathetic and offensive

you can't please all of the people all of the time, though and if it helps adjust the gender bias at modwiggler (which is questionable) then it's probably a good thing

unless of course the newcomers lack a sense of humour...

now there's a conundrum!

hahahahaha I think you are right!

just to add to what @GarfieldModular wrote - the befaco Out3 is also available as DIY both as a kit and as PCB/Panel

also note that what I mentioned are actual audio interfaces (or expanders for audio interfaces) - they plug directly into your computer (or expand an audio interface via ADAT)... the modules that @GarfieldModular mentioned are all audio output modules - they connect to an audio interface which then connects to your computer... might save you a bit of time researching!

Thx for this multiple info. I thought that the buffered multiple can both, cv and audio. Ok 👌🏼
Eurorack is really fun, my learning curve is always up, slowly but up. in a few years I'll give you the tips;)
And I’ll follow the white rabbit to YouTube

-- Shapemodulator

you can use a buffered multiple for any type of multing - but it's 90%+ of the time unnecessary for anything but v/oct - ie from a sequencer to a vco

this is because you can get slight voltage drops when using passive multiples - which are irrelevant for anything other than v/oct (if you actually want to stay in tune)

I have a quite a few buffered (which I only use for v/oct) and passive multiples in my rack, but tend to use stackcables for passive multing

expert sleepers es8, es9, depending on the type of usb your computer supports

the es8 at least is expandable, not so sure about the es9

es8 is similar sound quality to most usb interfaces - works fine for me

can't comment on the es9 as I don't have one

if you have an ADAT equipped audio interface already - you may also want to take a look at the es3 (and expanders) or the Boredbrain Music Optx (which is new out)

use channels 1 & 2 of veils for L
use channels 3 & 4 of veils for R

plugging a cable into veils breaks the normalization between the channel you're coming out of and the next channel

also - 'maths illustrated supplement' google and download if you haven't already!

sounds reasonable - hmm... I could use the tm to get a 'random bassline' into my sinfonion chnnel 1 (can be set to root and 5th only, very easily) - and dump the tune though... but I have other things for that, too... we shall see!

you asked specifically can I use this as a multiple... basic reading skills and the ability to click on a link provide the answer!

if you'd asked:

does this

< Buffered multiple outputs
< Threads into three buffered outputs;
< source - the product description

mean I can use it as a multiple?

it would at least look like you'd done some research and don't just want to be spoon fed the answer!!!

so the answer is yes - you can, but if you want it for triggers, gates, cv and audio (and not v/oct) then it may be overkill - you just need a passive mult for those - buffered is only needed for v/oct (and in some cases where an output is expecting a buffered input - some make noise modules)

TBH - if what you want is a multiple - just buy a multiple - this appears to be massive overkill just for a mult!!!
or build one - really easy, if you can solder - if you can't it's really easy to learn - and a passive mult is a good place to start - and it's a very handy skill to have in modular synthesis - there are plenty of instruction videos on youtube - AISynthesis is great for beginner kits - like mults

Bro, we sequenced your sequencer with another sequencer.

-- Ronin1973

that's the spirit!!!

Maybe add more sequencers? ;)
-- dadbodice

yeah maybe add another case for some more sequencing - you definitely need a sinfonion (or 2 or 3) in there for chords and to keep everything in tune!!!

click the link and read the description!!!!!!

-- GarfieldModular

I just noticed you have both Marbles and 2hp tm & tune

so do I...

I'm on the fence for selling the 2hp modules

I'll probably either build a small case and stick them in it for a bedroom/couch case - or I'm going to sell them

I've got the SEM, Wasp and the Moog style ladder filter - plus the LPG - all great value for money!!!

Thanks guys will try the methods you posted,when im back in the studio

-- Broken-Form

you leave the studio????

doepfer - all of them - reasonably priced and do what they say on the tin (mostly) and a reasonable amount of voltage control

tbh the vca or attenuator is unnecessary - connectnig vco directly to mixer will work too - just make sure the level on the mixer is low and bring it up to monitor

skip the in rack mixer for now to reduce complexity (I'm assuming that you can get audio out of this)
go from vco to attenuator (you do have attenuators, don't you?) and from there via a 3.5mm -> 6.5mm cable into one of the channels on the mixer? can you now hear audio on either speakers connected directly to the mixer or via headphones?

I'm also assuming you can get other audio out of the mixer when you plug other sound sources into it...

if assumptions are wrong - let us know!

good news then - have fun!!!

Emilie is super quick on the mutable forum too!

muffwiggler is now modwiggler

apparently some people took offence at 'muffwiggler'

which just proves that some people have no sense of humour!

Os was here yesterday!!!

ah - well, it was a rhetorical question...
the difference between midi A and B conversion cables is in which pin on the midi out that the tip and ring of the stereo jack is wired to... buy the right cable for the module (either A or B) and being able to switch is completely redundant!
if you have pile of these cables and mix up A & B then I can see the advantage of the switched module

but isn't that totally irrelevant if you just buy the correct 3,5mm->midi cable in the first place???

yes, but why would you when the expert sleepers 2hp midi breakout is cheaper and can support 2 modules if needed...

I've watched exactly 1 Ricky Tinez youtube video - the one where he openly admits to having a proper rack too - not just beauty cases - he makes an excellent point that beauty cases are great for focusing on specific modules to demo them, but that he changes it up a lot - and they also fit in his handbag!

The user manuals contain the pin outs in terms of DIN socket pins 4/5.

-- os

thanks for the quick reply!

Hey Os...
I've got everything to connect the midi headers of my GeneralCV and Disting mk4 (brilliant modules btw, thanks) to case mounted din sockets... I keep meaning to implement it, but am not 100% sure about the pin outs - do you have a reference other than the picture of the midi breakout pcb that you could share?

there are cables easily available with trs one end and din socket the other end - if you need to save space in a tiny case this or the drilling holes in the case method i described above would seem to be the best options...

BTW the correct answer as always is get a bigger case and get both options!!!!

and of course more utilities!!!! the really important modules!

actual link - not jpg

ModularGrid Rack

Hey Garfield - it's not just you - it's blocked from playback on other sites!

It's not really a Behringer issue, unless you consider copying the original design TOO exactly to be an issue.

isn't that one of the main gripes about the behringer eurorack modules though in general - along with them being generally poorish quality in terms of panel furniture - cardboard knob inserts that fall off easily etc

Thread: Pico Seq

have fun...

but remember in order to have fun sometimes we need to do a bit of reseach - and RTFM

if you don't mind drilling holes in your case, can do basic soldering and crimp an idc cable then it's reasonably easy to DIY a solution

‘(...) I'm going to extend my rack to another 3U of space’.
Honestly, investing directly in another RackBrute 6U would be wiser...
-- Sweelinck

or better yet a mantis or a doepfer lc9 - best bang for buck cases (price/hp), excluding b-company clones - and no rack warts stealing valuable hp!!!

I don't think of Maths as a utility module... it's it's own thing - sum of parts greater than the whole - see the 'maths illustrated supplement' - so replicating the centre section of maths is a good start - which to some extent you have with 321

I always recommend links, kinks, shades and veils as a good starter set for utilities

links is useful in that it can be 2 buffered mults and a utility mixer (always useful) or a buffered mult and a precision adder and a mixer, or a buffered mult and 2 utility mixers - what are you using for mults? stackcables or headphone splitters? it's always useful to have a buffered one around - I often need at least one for Maths to funciton properly (it doesn't like being patched into unbuffered inputs, at least in my racks)

kinks is discontinued - if you can't find one then the wmd/ssf toolbox is a good substitute

321 I think covers shades, but it's much more useful for adding offsets etc that are often needed than for straight mixing - are you currently using this as an end of chain mixer?

veils - you already have - but you can never have too many vcas!!!! they are useful for controling all sorts of signals in the system

on top of these the next thing I would add (unless multiples of the above make sense and often do - remember there is no such thing as redundancy due to duplication of function in modular - there is only redundancy because you don't use it) would be an end of chain mixer (unless you are mixing outside the rack) and then a matrix mixer - I mostly use my 2 for mixing copies of modulation sources to create more interesting modulation, but they can be used for many other purposes - setting up send/returns for effects for example

after that maybe a more complex logic module - I like the joranalogue compare2

I also cannot agree more with the others who are saying fx aid (xl) not black dsp... it;s way too big for what it is in this size rack - quite frankly I'd see it as an utter waste of space in my racks and I've got roughly 1500hp, I do have the fx aid xl though which is excellent - and could potentially see my self adding multiples of it in the future - especially if I decide I need an end of chain reverb in there - I can currently patch in outboard for that though