outputs to inputs - use reverb and delay - modulate them - slow clock - buy a new module - eat the hottest curry you can find - or the absolute blandest thing - do different or just more drugs (legal and/or illegal as you see fit or as imposed by your slave masters) - go and do something else for a while: go for a walk, read a book, watch a movie, listen to some music you wouldn't normally listen to - maybe the 2021 best of modular grid album on bandcamp

have you come across Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies? a really useful tool for getting past blocks in any field - originally a set of cards, but also available freely online

have you downloaded the 'maths illustrated supplment'? - work your way through that or just randomly pick a patch to start you off...

maybe you'd get better help if you explained the rut that you've got yourslef in more...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

hahaha - well usually when people start posting in a forum, they've hung around a bit and read a load of other posts... if you had then you would understand...

the general thinking on the subject of putting semi-modulars in racks is that it's incredibly wasteful - and definitely not something to be encouraged, in fact it is something to be heartily discouraged - semi's tend to come with powered racks already so you've already paid for power and somewhere to put it once - so taking it out of its case and putting it in a rack is considered to be paying for this twice and wasting rack space that could be used for other modules that actually need the rack space and power - so posting a video of something that should be discouraged - is against the general grain of the forum and should be expected to meet with derision and sarcastic humour (for most of the regular contributors to this forum, sarcasm is our native tongue, no matter the country we were born in)

saying that chill out and have fun...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

re serge: you can always buy them from random*source in modules - one at a time - some are available DIY too - but might not be for long - otherwise there's Elby in Australia that do serge like stuff iirc!

when I see building blocks I mainly think basic functions - lfos, vcos, filters, delays and a shed load of utility modules - something that you can use to 'patch anything up with' if you know what I mean...

Will get that fixed @JimHowell1970.
-- troux

& well done everyone - not listened to everything all the way through yet - will do soon!!!

yes you can you'd just need to have all sequenced notes starting above the threshold on the comparator and gaps between all sequenced notes with voltages below the threshold - it's a workaround and may not be optimal - but it would work

-- JimHowell1970

Throw in an offset and I think you'd be fine with the comparator. Example: Befaco Dual Attenuverter.

-- Ronin1973

I'm not convinced - but it might be possible - how would you patch it?

I have read some comparator manuals and I do not think that the output from my sequencer can be used for creating trigger pulses, but I can be wrong.
With the linked picture I try to explain.
https://tinyurl.com/v8sz54g
Fig. 1 shows the output from my sequencer and fig.2 shows how I think the output must look like for creating comparator triggers.
-- Rookie

yes you can you'd just need to have all sequenced notes starting above the threshold on the comparator and gaps between all sequenced notes with voltages below the threshold - it's a workaround and may not be optimal - but it would work

Thanks Jim!
-- GarfieldModular

I'm looking for possible building blocks, which provides useful functions for larger racks.
VCOs, filters, effects and so on may be placed around these building blocks ...

I'm on the way to make a bigger studio eurorack, not for life performance.

-- rama1065

then start with a much bigger rack and try to think along the lines set out in my signature

I don't see a lot of what I would call basic building blocks of modular synthesis in the above racks

I see more 'synthesis with modules' as opposed to 'modular synthesis'

just to qualify the above (slightly)

I started of in modular because about 7 years ago* I was staring at my moogerfoogers and cp251 and realised that they were effectively part of a modular synthesizer - so I started researching modular synthesizers - about 2 years later I started building one

*this was over 30 years after first picking up a guitar and 20 years since I got into synthesizers/music production - although there have been a few gaps due to life!

firstly I would go for a bigger case - it may save you buying a second case and therefore money in the mid-long term... the best bang for buck starter cases are either tiptop mantis or doepfer lc9 - if you are intending on more digital modules then I would recommend the mantis more (and it is more portable, if that's an issue) - however both are probably the best combinations of hp/cost/good power supplies from respectable manufacturers available

otherwise it's kind of an ok start, depending on what instruments you are thinking of processing...

if all you really want is some filtering and granular processing - I would seriously consider (ie spend a month or 2 thinking about it) whether you really want to go modular or whether a few effects pedals will suit you better - they will almost definitely be a less expensive solution

your starting idea of an input module with envelope follower and a sound processor is good (but see below)

if your sound sources are stereo then a second ears or similar module (pre-amp with envelope follower built in) is a good idea - mostly so that you can extract the envelope shape of both the L & R channels for use in modulation, rather than just one

if your sound source is mono, for example a guitar, then I would strongly advise the addition of an expression pedal interface (examples are available from ADDAC, Doepfer and 7 dials) to enable you to play the guitar (for example) and still control your effects - in fact you may want more of these - otherwise you would probably be better off with more effects pedals - a wah pedal instead of the filter and I'm sure there are granular synthesizers in pedal form these days

as for your module choice:

ears - owners seem to like it so it appears to be a good choice although I've never used one - I have a doepfer a-119 instrument interface module - which adds a comparator (a gate opens when the input signal excedes a set voltage) and adds grit, shall we say - and is slightly cheaper - there is also a chip swap (no soldering required) that can be done to reduce the grit but I have never felt the need - furthermore the gate output can be extremely useful as a replacement for or alongside a master clock - nb a lot of modules need steady clocks to operate properly - Pams doesn't work well for example, nor any modules that multiply clocks - dividers and modules that provide triggered lfos or envelopes tend to work much better

maths - great module - although I always recommend both downloading the 'maths illustrated supplement' and working your way through it AND replicating it's basic functionality in dedicated modules - maths is much greater than the sum of it's parts - and you will need those parts separately as well to allow you to use maths to it's full potential (which points us back to the illustrated supplement)

humpback - this is a DIY module - I don't know if you can buy built ones, I've never seen them - are you skilled and do you have the tools to build it? if not I would consider an already built filter - doepfer make a great selection of reasonably priced ones - based mainly on classic designs - or there are many more available at differing price points - if however, you intend to buy a soldering iron and build this - I would also suggest building some simpler modules to start with - a passive mult, an attenuator (thonk atatat) and some of the AI Synthesis range would make the learning curve easier and less frustrating for you - again you may find you want 2 filters or a stereo filter instead of this

clouds - are you intending on trying to find one used? or a clone? it has been discontinued for a few years and has been replaced in the mutable line up with beads - I would spend some time considering this - read reviews/watch youtube videos of beads etc - mutable support is fantastic, but understandably stops at 3rd party clones - most of which push it into poor ergonomics territory (eurrorack is already very small without miniaturization of modules) - supercell is a larger cloen with a few extra additions and may be worth a look

the vca - ok but personally I would replace it with a veils - it will initially work as a mixer too, but I think that you'll want more mixing - and particularly something that can handle stereo output (see erde-verbe section below)

erde verbe - great reverb for emulating 'weird spaces', but not a particularly good general purpose reverb - takes a mono signal and outputs a stereo signal - you may really want a stereo to stereo (to add more reverb to clouds) or a mono reverb (depending on the requirements of your output - stereo/mono)

Pams - hmm - not really a function generator as you described it - it's more of a master clock, clock divider/multiplier with some synced envelope generation/lfos - whereas function generators generally apply mathematical functions, such as slew to incoming signals and extract events from these signals - so in some ways similar to a function generator, but not really - note it's heavily synced to it's clock (internal or external) which may not suit you depending on how you intend to use the rack and how accurate your timing is with your instrument - I'm human and so a bit sloppy at the best of times - which can be both a good thing and a bad thing, depending on your point of view and what you are trying to do!

further effects processing modules - more filters - and I would look seriously at the happy nerding fx aid xl - very versatile - I would make this an early purchase as it can be used as a filter - as well as reverb, delay, lofi etc - if I was designing an effects processing rack I'd probably include 3 of these due to their versatility

utilities - you'll almost definitely want more utilities - seemingly dull inexpensive modules that appear to do nothing to alter the sound (they are the dull inexpensive polish that makes the expensive shiny modules actually shine) - they are incredibly useful for not only improving the patching possibilities - but also for solving problems - like (auto-) panning a mono signal into a stereo space, or switching between multiple inputs into a single output or vice versa, or reducing the amount of modulation that is sent to an input (especially useful with clouds - it's modulation inputs really need attenuators! I usually recommend a great utilitiy starter set of mutable links, kinks, shades and veils - or modules that cover their various functionalities - wmd/ssf toolbox and happy nerding 3*mia make good substitutes for some of these funcionalities

mixing - seriously consider how you will mix mono & stereo audio signals together and which modules have mono/stereo inputs and mono/stereo outputs - and the possibility of parallel processing - you will almost definitely need multiple mixers - some for sub mixing, one for end of chain mixing and some for mixing modulation sources - some of which should be voltage controlled - and this is on top of what you already have in the rack - I'd definitely recommend a matrix mixer - both for mixing modulation sources and for

moogerfooger - luckily these are some pedals that really don't need an effects pedal interface to reduce the signal down to guitar level and bring it back up to modular level and correct any impedance issues - I have 3 of them and have used them quite a lot with my modular - a lot of other pedals really need the interface to work properly

@troux - can you please delete the last character (4) of my track title - it's the mix number - not part of the title!

Thread: Cellar Door

What Jim said ;-)

I do, you can, use Euclidean patterns to drive other things that create pitch.... send those Euclid triggers to an Arpeggiator or other pitch sequencer, even send them to a Turing machine + Quantizer or Marbles etc. You can dial in different patterns on the Euclidean or control those via CV for always evolving patterns.

-- wishbonebrewery

exactly - I don't have euclidean circles - but that's what I'd do with it if I had one!

Well, for all my work and research there's no teacher like experience. I've all but decided to get a larger case. At the same time there is this fringe addiction forming that I have to curtail now before it gets out of hand. I certainly don't want a wall covered in modules. But I will go there if I'm not cautious of the draw already.

It has taken some time to figure out how to get tonal rhythms out of the euclidean circles without the help of a midi style quantizer that can hold notes for me. I finally managed a patch that was pseudo decent. But I have to have something that will let me cycle through at least 16 steps with assigned notes. That means a larger case, and if I'm going to do that I might as well throw in another oscillator, kick, snare, echo, delay, etc. Ugh.

Let it stop with that.
Atomket.

-- atomkey

you may not want a wall full of modules - but you may find you need one!!!

what exactly do you mean by 'get tonal rhythms out of euclidean circles'?

do you mean melody? - I'd suspect that is really bloody difficult considering that euclidean circles is a trigger sequencer and as such does not sequence pitch...

@GarfieldModular

same shop they opened a branch in spain recently to get round brexit
I'll have a look and post the url for you!

here it is: https://eu.elevatorsound.com/

OK - doesn't sound like it's braids or the PH osc then!

what happens if you only connect braids to the mixer and then to the output module?

what happens if you connect both modules to the mixer but into different inputs??

do you have other sound sources you could try with the mixer, maybe a friend has one if you don't?

do you have another mixer you could try with the sound sources, again maybe a friend has one if you don't?

have you tried changing the power header that the mixer is plugged into??

I don't have Euclidean Circles - did it have jumpers that you removed to plug the expander in?? and you haven't replaced them - just a thought - otherwise I'd contact the manufacturer!

Ni Noctopolis,

Wow, that's great that they have the 281t currently on stock! (Just seen on their website) However without the Euro currency, losing money on the currency exchange and the rather high prices in Sweden, I will consider this as a plan B, if let's say by the end of this year the modules are still not available in Germany ;-)

Thanks for putting this to our attention though, it's good to know it has arrived in Europe too, so there is still hope for us :-D
Have fun with your 258t and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

hey Garfield - did you try elevatorsound.eu - opened recently in Spain - they had some that had not been pre-ordered available - for at least a few days after the pre-orders were sent out and almost everywhere else sold out!

I get the sarcasm now.
Completed with this size case, it's obvious that unless you want to do one thing... you need much more real estate.
-- atomkey

yeah - it's our native language round here!!!

all those youtube influencers are deceptive - most of them have massive cases - pull a few modules out to demo with a specific patch in cases they were given by the manufacturers

they are great as 'mission specific' satellite cases - but near useless as starter cases - unless you want to copy a specific patch from an influencer and only do that - which kind of defeats the idea of modular!!

for some reason I didn't see the modules earlier...

too many tiny modules for me - especially things that I would most want more of - utilities

nice matrix mixer though - big - I hear it can get cramped though if you use the vca ins and then try to wiggle the knobs

I don't get the workflow thing at all - seems more like constraint - I think I'd find myself reaching for things that weren't - end up having all the small cases strewn all over the place and plugged in and just get annoyed by it

I think you'd be substantially better off with 2 mantis and maybe the 0-ctrl

is the braids an original or a clone?
have you tried different power slots on the bus board?
do you have an amplifier? some vcas - veils or intellijel quad may help?

I use mine to either switch modulation outputs between different modulation inputs or vice versa

why do you think you need a buffered mult? how are you sequencing - I don't see a sequencer in the rack... and you already have links... you could probably do fine with a passive mult... there's no need for exact when multing modulation or audio - a tiny bit of voltage droop will be unnoticeable

seems a very expensive way of housing modules to me... and probably much more likely to get noise issues than with fewer cases... you'll probably also need longer cables... and lots of sockets or power strips

most of that would fit in 2 tiptop mantis cases which would cost you substantially less and be more portable as a whole - plus only need 2 power sockets... probably need fewer long cables and only use 2 bags when needing to be taken out of the house

I have 8 cases (about 1800hp in total), 6 of which are stationary - ie always stay in the studio - if I want to go anywhere else with them - including the living room, I have 2 smaller cases: a mantis and a 6u/72hp, which I swap modules in and out of - I use befaco knurlies for screws and only ever screw 2 holes per module - it's simple to swap them (mostly takes minutes) - saying that my mantis is my main video case and I rarely swap more than a couple of modules in/out of it - I really can't see the need of anything smaller - not only on a cost/hp basis but also on a portability/use basis

I always need modulation and utility modules for even the simplest patch - I would undoubtedly always need 4 or 5 of those tiny cases - and moving that many units would be too much of a pain in the ass

for example I am currently set up in the living room - mantis has 3 audio modules in it - a small mixer, peaks and a doepfer lpg - as well as a most of my video synth - the 6u has erica black sequencer, rings, veils, tides, kinks, maths, a small clock divider (used as a sub) a couple of filters and an es8 - these and a video mixer sit on the coffee table and I can wiggle comfortably from the sofa - I have multiple voices - rings is going through both filters patched as a 'mutronics mutator' ish filter - in mono: channel 1 into channel 2 - tides is going into the lpg and the clock divider and I am using peaks for kick and snare

it's great fun and would be much better with a few extra modules - more utilities and modulation and maybe another voice and some hats - all of which are in the studio - another mantis would be perfect - and leave the 6u/72hp upstairs in the studio - but that will have to wait...

yes - the a-151 is small, passive and inexpensive and works well

whilst it may be true that you can't have too many oscillators, it helps if you have the support modules needed for them as well

sound modifier modules, modulation sources and utility modules are just as important, if not more so than oscillators

doesn't look like there's a lot of overlap - and more utilities are always useful...

actual link:

ModularGrid Rack

wmd/ssf tool-box?

the rails are the heat sink for the uZeus...

personally I would try to find a single psu that can power all the modules and preferably with a proper bus board

befaco excalibus will power the whole thing and no rack wart - so a bit of extra space for utility modules

First of all, thank you for all this good advice!

NP

first of all - bigger case - but keep this one and add 6u of 104hp

Yes, that is obvious by now, haha. I will order more rails and put together a nice case for it. I'm a woodworker by trade so I have some nice materials for it laying around. I kind of like the 1U form factor, is it worth it to include a couple of rails for this, or is it mostly a gimmick for keeping cases small? Until I get a use for it it can be covered up by a nice wooden panel.

1u is a tricky question - lots of people like it, but it really is just a way of cramming in a bit more without using an extra 3.5"

as for is it good value? in terms of building cases - I don't think so - a pair of rails is a pair of rails, so the same price as for 3u - if you are a wood worker then in all likelihood the cost of materials is effectively nothing, depending on what lengths of wood you can buy in - whenever I've built cases the piece of wood I bought would have easily had enough space for either - and they still take power slots!

as for functionality - there's nothing compelling enough to put a 1u row in, if you can fit a 3u, imo, and you can fit way more in 3u/104hp, than in 1u/104hp - at least 3 times as much... also I think it often encourages people to marginalize utility modules - which imo are equally important as sound sources or modifiers, or modulation sources!

personally I wouldn't bother, but don't let me put you off!

the befaco excalibus is a great DIY power supply

Do you think my uZeus with the booster brick will be too small for this? For what I paid for it (used) it seems to deliver good juice?

quite possibly, yes - always remember you should lead 30% headroom on all rails to allow for inrush... worth noting is that whatever brick you run for the uZeus -ve rail is maxed out at 500mA

As for PNW, Maths and the multi-utility/effects/thingies they are all on my wishlist and I hope to be able to add them to my system in the future, but right now the budget is a little tight. Never seen the Xaoc devices before, so thank you for bringing them up, they look super useful.

Unless something used pops up, I think my next shopping cart will be filled with DIY filters, envelopes, and LFOs. I kind of hoped O&C could do a lot of this for me. I had my hands on a used WASP, but some other dude offered almost shop prize for it.

yeah used prices can be insane at the moment, but unless you can get at least 20% off, I would buy new, if you can - support and warranty are often useful...

one thing to pay attention to - work out the cost per channel and if the DIY version is comparable at that level - for example the tta/buchla quad function generator is about 200(insert major currency) - which works out at 50/channel - it's quite difficult to get a DIY function for much less than this - so once you factor in time etc... it's not always worth it... but sometimes it's fun - my racks are about 50/50 DIY and bought...

Thanks again for the good advice, gotta go write a letter to Santa..

-- Geir74

good luck with that!

apparently the build quality is very good, but...

Rings is notoriously hard to tune - even with full size pots & knobs - the trimmers that are used on the micro clones are very poor in terms of precision - so if being able to tune the module is important to you - and it may not be - then I'd steer clear

things to think about

reduced size = poor ergonomics & eurorack is already on the 'small side' - personally I prefer bigger modules with full size knobs - all my mutable modules are full size - either originals or DIY versions

support the original designer where possible = whilst micro cloning is not completely without effort, the much more effort went into the original design - not only the hardware, but the firmware

support = can't comment on support from cloners, but Emilie is fantastic at support!

price = are you really saving that much - mostly it seems to be a good night out on the beer... so in the big scheme of things it doesn't seem like that big a deal to buy an original to me over a cheaper clone, especially if originals are still available!

another alternative to the vca/mixer conundrum is a quad cascading vca - kill 2 birds with one stone - veils is very good, for example

104hp gotta last forever?? oh well...

hahahahaha - I thought the same with 144hp - now I have 10 times that... there's a very good reason why people (including me) always advise others to get bigger racks to start with - especially if you are going to get into DIY...

So with the current collection as above, what would your advice be for the future be? I am quite good at tinkering and know my way with a soldering iron, but not so with SMD's yet. My wishlist consists of effects, O&C, Pams WO, and someday a Befaco mixer.

first of all - bigger case - but keep this one and add 6u of 104hp - the befaco excalibus is a great DIY power supply - which should power 6u/104hp quite well as long as you stick to mostly analogue modules

O&C get the plus version - through hole diy! but will you really need it if you get a PNW? maybe... get the PNW first and then decide

effects - it's hard to beat an fx aid xl... at least for the size/price/functionality...

SMD - nonlinearcircuits or the AISynthesis SMD module are both good places to start...

envelopes and lfos would be a good area to invest in - Maths is especially good if you are more interested in learning modular synthesis instead of synthesis with modules - if you see what I mean - see the 'maths illustrated supplement' as a good jumping off point/primer for that.. Stages is also exceptional - as are batumi and zadar... also take a look at the new tiptop/buchla offerings they are very good value for money - first 2 are available for preorder!

also a filter or 2 or 3 or more - personally I like the doepfer offerings - inexpensive and do what they say they do, based on classic filters - but otherwise hit up youtube - maybe not the best quality audio, but you will get an idea of what you like don't like

at some point more vcas, more utilities - I like links, kinks, shades, veils - as a starter - but not DIY friendly! and kinks is discontinued - wmd/ssf toolbox is a good substitute - a matrix mixer is also incredibly handy...

you'll probably want another 'melodic voice at some point - again the tiptop/buchla offering looks really decent for the price

is this a plan or what you already have or somewhere in between?

thanks Jim and sorry about the link. definitely i get a bigger case. you're right!
the only thought, think need midi, some devices that sport a USB port as well. so i can connect my computer directly to my Eurorack system. like µMIDI Intellijel. also a weird sequencer maybe Pam's and mimetic.
I would like to hear your thought if it's not trouble
-- tsir

you might want to look at the expert sleepers fh2 - or just look at modules on here: midi (function), usb (search field)

you'll have to sift through quite a few - make sure you get midi to cv modules and not cv to midi!

I think this is almost exactly one of the modular set-ups from Ricky Tinez's videos and he does some pretty cool shit with it so you should be good, plus more room to grow!

the salient point here is "one of the modular set-ups" - ie there are multiple - each one lasts as long as a video - they are patch specific!

please post a link to your public rack (the actual url) and not to a jpg - they are useless - especially if you want specific recommendations about modules!

get a bigger case - mantis is better value and has better power than the intellijel - you'll losse the 1u row and the built in utilities, but they aren't that much of a benefit imo - tiny beauty cases are great for demonstrating specific patches on you tube, not so great for actual modular synthesis!

think (loosely)

loosely as sometimes the lines can be blurred - multiple oscillators + a mixer = 1 sound source, some filters can be used as sound sources etc etc

do you need midi and a 4 channel sequencer and a dual quantizer (with a built in sequencer) I doubt it and starter cash would be better spent elsewhere rather than duplicating ways to play!

read a lot of other newbie posts and their replies - specifically regarding modulation and utiltiies - much more important than what oscillators you have imo

if you want to learn modular synthesis as opposed to synthesis with modules - then maths (and the 'maths illustrated supplement') are an extremely good jumping off point...

have fun!

a really useful type of module if you are a guitar player is an expression pedal interface...

doepfer and addac both do them (iirc they both do a variety - some can cope with on/off pedals too)

the addac one may or may not be diy, can't remember, but there is also the 7 dials cv express, which is DIY, if that interests you

being able to control at least some of the module whilst playing is quite useful...

Rack Depth is 70mm and (above Power Supply): 62mm. I've been double checking the few modules I've ordered to be sure everything clears. I was looking at the EX seems super powerful. One issue I have is the case I got is a little low on power 850mA. I got such a good deal on the case and 2 modules I can't complain. The EX needs lots of power. So hard to get around that one.

remember to allow for inrush - leave 25%+ headroom on all the rails - so if the rail is rated at 850mA you should be aiming at about 650mA

I was really hoping to avoid screens, but the o_C seems far too useful. Also has a sequencer! Quad Quantizer and all kinds of goodies. Seems like a great fit for a small case.

remember it can only do 1 thing at a time (or 2 with hemispheres installed)

have fun!

Maths is a good choice if you are interested in learning modular synthesis - see the 'maths illustrated supplement' - as opposed to synthesis with modules, if you see what I mean! delta v is also a good choice, but doesn't have the learning resources...

I'd go for veils over the dual vca - you can never have too many vcas!!!

Rings is not particularly similar to plaits - plaits has a couple of Rings-ish settings, but has a lot more besides (and vice versa)

otherwise @ronin1973 and @plragde have you covered

for mults - if you have 2 sound sources and 2 v/oct sequencing channels - then buffering is superfluous - as it is only really needed for pitch, otherwise passive is fine & in a tiny case such as this, stackcables or headphone splitters are a better option as they won't take space

I never finished LOTR - and developed a dislike for fantasy at the same time - can't even keep awake during the movies - much more into sci-fi - Jim has been my nickname - for nearly 50 years - because I convinced my parents to get me out of bed to watch the first UK re-runs of Star Trek (which was shown at 11pm) when I was 3!

All of William Gibson's novels are excellent, imo - but starting with the sprawl trilogy is great - Neuromancer used to be re-read by scientists every year - so they could check of what had actually been invented!

I also really like Neal Stephenson when it comes to cyberpunk...

If you want something a bit farther out than cyberpunk - then Iain M Banks is difficult to beat - the 'culture' novels in particular - and pulling back some of his 'literary' novels - under Iain Banks - are what could best be described as 'speculative' fiction - and if you've never read it 'The Wasp Factory', is definitely worth a read

which tiptop - I've never had an issue with my mantis - not tried the other ones

hope you can get it sorted out - good luck!

what power supplies??

Happy New Year!!

@mntbighker, have you contacted Paul about this?

May sound boring, but I find myself using dedicated attenuverters a lot with DFAM...

utility modules only sound boring to people who don't have them - once you have them you realise they are at least as important as the expensive modules you use them to connect in different ways - see signature!

there are a load of these modules - not just the bastl and alm - doepfer, ime, etc etc

some pedals don't need them - moogerfoogers are generally ok with modular levels and my strymon mobius works fine with them - if you need a bit of a boost to get back in to the modular, some vcas (veils, for example) work perfectly well

one thing to note with guitar pedals is they often don't work that well with bass frequencies

@troux - check PMs...

• The not at all unique utilities are Sloth (apathy), Krach, and Guillotine.
  • The ubiquitous utilities are Duatt, Tri Filter, and Stereo Mixer

corrected

it's how you use them that could make them less unique... but unlikely given beauty case

I'm pretty sure it's standard when you pay the 3% or whatever that you have to pay for non-friends and family transactions