Now that's a micro build done RIGHT. The whole basic path is there, plus there's a careful selection process at work because certain things in here (the two halves of the Rampage, for example) can work as several different things as needed. The Rampage (which is sort of like Maths in that it's 'cored' around a pair of Serge Universal Slope Gen clone circuits) is a good example of this...you could use it as an oscillator, an LFO, an EG, and on and on. There is one teensy (it'd have to be to fit in 2 hp!) thing that might work really nice with that 2hp Sine...and that's this: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/york-modular-lockhart-wavefolder Timbre, baybee...yeah!

As for the other build...OK, this needs to be a backpackable solution with one "voice". Hmmmm...let me think about this...
ModularGrid Rack
Hot damn...OK, this actually fits in a backpack, but you oughta get Intellijel's snazzy custom gig bag for it.

This uses an Intellijel Palette 62, which gives you the advantage of having onboard (and NOT under the modules, either) power as well as a tile row where I've put a clock, random source, noise gen, sample and hold, slew limiter, a 2-input mixer/attenuverter pair, a one-channel MIDI interface, and a ganged stereo output level. The case itself also gives you a pair of buffered mults, a MIDI over USB connection, and a stereo 1/4" output pair. Having all of that really blows doors open on the 3U row, and it allowed me to go a lot farther than even I'd expected.

How far? Well, lessee...2 LFOs, 4 VCAs, 3 VCOs (one pair of these can crossmodulate, the other single VCO is a Plaits clone), a pair of 3-in mixers (by splitting the Bastl ABC), and even a stereo FX processor that can take your audio chain from mono to stereo. Much of this relies on subfunctions within the various modules for the space-mushing voodoo...

3U row, left to right: Konstant Labs PWRchecker (good to have a visual feedback about your power condition), WMD Modbox (2 LFOs with CV, plus some other modulation sources), an After Later TILT (can either be an ADSR EG or it functions as half of a Maths...yep, a Serge USG clone of sorts), Doepfer A-140-2 dual ADSR (your main envelope workhorses), an Antumbra Dual VCA (which is really half of a Mutable Veils, where these sorts of variable VCAs are explained better) and the Bastl ABC in the middle. The idea there is that the ABC inputs are for mixing modulation sources, while the DEF ones are for mixing your audio sources. The VCOs start the audio chain next...and there's a Noise Reap Paradox and an Antumbra KNIT. Now, both of these are definitely NOT "normal" VCOs...the KNIT is a 6 hp clone of the Mutable Plaits, but the Paradox is actually a set of two VCOs which are set up to crossmodulate in various interesting ways.

But wait...the mixer is over on the left? Well...it CAN be...or you can use the 2-in mixer on the G-Storm Delta VCF. This is a clone of the Korg Delta filter, with both LP and BP capabilities in either 2 or 4-pole depths. Also, if you use the Delta VCF's mixer, this then frees up the ABC to act as a six-input mixer, or you can still use it as two 3-ins, but entirely for modulation. Right after this, another Dual VCA, and then a Frequency Central Stasis Leak...which gives you either reverb, delay (with tap tempo) or stereo chorusing, and this is the thingamajig that takes what WAS a mono audio path and "stereoizes" it.

Like I and others have said, it's not easy to build one of these little-bitty builds, but it CAN be done if you choose and proceed carefully! This rework fixes a lot of the latent hassles present in the original build. Some of this is directly attributable to the case, though...a thing which many modular builds ignore at their peril. By going with this Intellijel skiffy thing, I've eliminated the need to take up more 3U spaces with important functions, putting them into either the tile row or as part of the cab altogether. Result: a pretty decent thing that does what you want (and a helluva lot more...this has some real power to it) and fits your form factor needs aptly. The sole problematic thing here is that the Antumbra Dual VCAs are kit builds, according to the database...but with a little research and some extra $$ to a skilled module builder (if, in fact, you're not comfortable with soldering and such), they're very doable.

Also, this is a good illustration of what I talk about when I mention "functional density". This build is VERY dense, function-wise...but by trying to avoid anything below 4 hp and above 8 hp, that 62 hp row is chock-full of raw power while being easily worked manually. It's a dicey balance...but again, it IS doable. Plus, as noted by others, menu-driven modules are really a pain in a dense environment, so the effort there was to AVOID those, but to still maintain a hefty level of functionality. It works, I think.